
Munchkin,
I've wanted to write you a letter for a long time now, maybe its something I should have started when you were just born, but I guess time got away from me. It always seemed more important to spend time with you than to document things for you to look back on. I'm going to try to get better at this, whether you're sleeping or playing with your daddy I can surely find a few minutes to fill you in on what's going on in your life at any particular age. As I write this, you're 10 days away from being 5 months old. Mommy and daddy don't know where that time went. It seems like yesterday you looked so small all bundled up in your crib, but as I write this you are officially sleeping unswaddled, taking up approximately half of your crib in length. Where did you get your height from anyways? And also your red hair that everyone loves? I hope you keep your pretty red hair and your bright blue eyes, but if I had to guess you're going to be brown hair and brown eyed just like mommy and daddy. Either way you'll still be beautiful to us. It's been such a joy getting to know you over the past few months. You're so expressive right now, especially when you're communicating with Daddy. The other day you had a laughing fit any time he said "Kushie cat" and it was one of the cutest things we've seen you do so far. Daddy is definitely your best friend right now, but Mommy follows in at a close second. Other things you're loving right now are rolling onto your belly and trying to figure out what to do next, eating (more on this in a minute) and your exersaucer. We started you on food at 4 months old. You officially do not like baby food, and even found a way to fling your bananas at Mommy! If I give you a slice of banana to chew on though you're a happy camper. Your favorite so far though is pears but you've tried bananas, applesauce, and baby mum-mum cookies in banana and vegetable flavors. You're technically too young for food that isn't pureed so we're taking things slowly but you seem to be enjoying it so far! The other new thing you've accomplished is sleeping unswaddled. Mommy officially stopped the swaddle at night last weekend, Friday, September 16th because you were rolling too much in your sleep and scaring the daylights out of me. You're not as good about it for naps during the day with daddy but you'll get there. Mommy and Daddy love you so much and it just melts our hearts when you look at us with one of your great big smiles or squeeze our finger. Don't ever stop being so sweet! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment